Friday, July 24

Why Moving Sucks

So I recently moved closer to my job and in with my fiancee. Unfortunately, the move, unpacking, and reorganizing my life has completely left painting at the wayside. I'll have a painted army to play at Hardcore for GenCon, but may need to re-focus how I want to pursue my paint scheme into something less time consuming.

I should also finally post pictures of the painting up on here.

Anyway, my local meta is throwing a 500 point tournament this weekend and I have several options. I'm honestly not taking this tournament too competitively as there's a lot of new players or beginners. I do know that top notch competition is probably the best way to learn (I learned a lot from playing Justin on round one of Masters in 2008), but I also feel that coupled with advice it'll help them more.

Who knows - maybe I'm just feeling burned out from all the stress right now that taking a step back and just having fun with the tournament would be best.

So...what should I take? For 500 points, not a lot of options. 2 lists, must be two different casters.

I could:
1. Mercs - Magnus only, so one list.
2. Cryx - Any casters.
3. Skorne - Any casters.

I actually do have Fiona, but no privateers to make her work 100%, but she might be fun. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

45caliberidea said...

Not Cryx! Skorne sound like a nice change of pace.

--Norbert