Monday, March 14

NJ Civil War- Southern Theater

Q&A time. Michael posted this question back on my thoughts about Epic Morghoul.
What are you brining to Jersey in two weeks? Any plans yet?

 For those who do not know, my old stomping ground is NJ and I was/am a member of the NJ SOBs. I moved to TX for various reasons in my personal life and I am now a pressganger but I still keep in touch with my former circle of friends and gamers. As I was leaving, a new store in S. Jersey popped up supporting a sizeable community of gamers called All Things Fun. It is a fun and serious rivalry, as the group down there inherited several of the former Conshohocken players who we also had a fun/serious rivalry with. It just so happens that the two groups decided to have a "Civil War". Basically each store will host a tournament (to balance home field advantage) and each group will compare victories over the other player. I am uncertain if victories over same group members count.

It just so happens that I am finding myself up in NJ the same weekend that the war is hosted in the southern theater and will be attending this event. However, I am not bringing Skorne. For a plane trip for that long, given the bits, swords, spikey parts, and banners, the models will not survive. I am in fact, bringing Mercenaries and will sell my services to the highest bidder in the N/S front. Right now I am bringing Ashlynn and either eMagnus or McBain. I would love to bring Fiona but I have not played her in Mk II. I could bring Gorten as well in Highborn to throw some really strange things out there.

Unfortunately I am torn about how I want to play Ashlynn, but chances are I am going to make it into an assassination delivery system. I am leaning towards eMagnus 4* for scenario play since McBain I tend to play as assassination as well.

The Ashlynn list I'm pretty much settled on for assassination:
Ashlynn
-Nomad
ATGM + UA
-Mule
Max Forgeguard
Lanyssa
Anastasia
Corbeau  
Gorman
Piper

It is very solo heavy, heavier than I normally like. I tried a variation of the list and I found that I needed to include the Piper to make the Forgeguard to work. I might drop the Nomad to a Vanguard and suffer the -1 pt deficit, but I wanted something that can wreck heavy armor. ATGM + UA is used more for the push attack rather than assassination run. The Mule is too nice of a warjack for the ATGM, although I am tempted to downgrade it to that Vanguard and use the 3 points for eEiryss. I can easily adjust the tempo of the list to deal with Stealth armies as well.

The eMagnus list that I am leaning towards with 4* is:

eMagnus
-2x Renegades (One Bonded)
-Mangler
Max BoomhowlereEiryss
Vesh
With 7 points left over for whatever I feel like taking that day. I really want to try running eMagnus and using Calamity and Vesh's gun to maximum potential here. I wished I had points for Wrong Eye & SnapJaw at the 35 pt level, but to fit them in I'd be missing out on some things. Chances are I'll fill the list with either Gorman or Orin and Min Devil Dogs.

The McBain list I was eying was actually going to be another Highborne list. I usually play him for 4* since Fortune on Croes is way too good.

McBain
-Nomad
Rorsh & Brine
Steelhead Halberdiers Max
Steelhead Cav Max
Vesh
Gorman

Rorsh starts up the field with AD from contract bonus. Which means during the Control Phase, Souie! kicks in and Brine runs up the field early. Halberdiers and Cav run up. Depending on how aggressive, I'm looking at a 2nd turn pop-feat or a 1st turn pop-feat (if I'm playing 2nd).

No comments: