Monday, March 14

Week 3 Growth League - 35 Points Epic Magnus

We just wrapped up Week 3 with 35 points and I got to play a couple of games. Before you ask, Week 2 was a 25 pt Death Race tournament using league lists. As TO, I did not get to play, but I built my list should anyone else have a bye.



So in the interim, my list expanded to:
eMagnus
-Renegade
-Mangler
Min Trenchers
-UA
--Talon 
-2x WA
Max Boomhowler
Gorman
Kell Bailoch

I have found that at 35 points, I'm sorely missing the hitting power 4* contract can bring over eMagnus' tier. Given that I'm playing T1 only, I suppose I could branch into the realm of SH, which I'm debating if I want to or not. Part of the option of playing eMagnus is for Idrians as well so I might as well make the most of those models too - in the spirit of things. However, I'm digging the Trenchers. I have stopped using them as a throw away unit now and instead take CRA potshots at heavy hitters, using the Grenade Porter to protect myself against low ARM models. Kell and the Sniper earned their points in gold after making three turns of sniping against Gorten. I have found that a Renegade bonded with eMagnus is insidious - 4 attacks, sustained. Terrain is becoming a problem, so Saxon Orrik is a must too. And after playing against Retribution and Cryx several times, Orin Midwinter is worth it too but I just don't have the points

So right now it's a toss up between a 2nd Renegade or Idrians. I think I figured out what I would take for each.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Are you painting up new models for the league or are you using your existing Merc collection?