Wednesday, February 16

Update on the Tournament

So I brought Rasheth since the last I checked I saw the poll was 3 to 2 (that was 5 PM CST, although I have no idea why the poll stayed open until 6 PM CST - my error).

The list was:
Rasheth
-Drake
-2x Gladiator
-Bronzeback
Max PGBH



I have to say, I missed terribly the extra bodies to arc out of. The PGBH were eaten too quickly for my taste. 2 Gladiators was a tad extreme too. I was actually better off with two Drakes in that format, and the left over 3 points from removing one Gladiator would have gone to Gobbers & Taskmaster. Live and learn.

Game 1: Rasheth vs Reznik. Scenario was at the start of Rd 3, each warcaster/warlock removes D3 life from their base health, effectively lowering the maximum health the warlock/warcaster held. Didn't affect our game too much.

It was a very heavily wooded board, with limited LOS. I was also boned because I was facing max Exemplar Errants...with the Seneschal. From memory, it was a Reckoner, FoS, Max Choir, Errants & UA/Seneschal thingy. First turn I ran, Gladiators on the flank, BB and Drake up the center. His turn he ate my PGBH except one, who failed a CMD check. Turn two saw a Carnivored BB paste most of the Errants with Beat Back. While one gladiator held back. He in return put some serious hurt on the BB, although moving the Reckoner up the jack did very little. The Errants attempted to kill the Drake and stuff but there was already such a low model count that it did very little. Next turn BB moved up, pasted the Seneschal finally and threw the Reckoner into FoS, crippling the Reckoners cortex and effectively blocking the FoS charge lane. Reznik however charged the BB and ate it. My final turn I popped my feat, used the Gladiator to charge FoS, who happened to be standing next to Reznik. While Reznik was out of sight, FoS was not and therefore a Rushed & Enraged Gladiatored stormed through the forests got to FoS and then proceeded to beat down Rezzy. Except that the Drake had to finish the job, targeting the Gladiator to get to Reznik.

Bad match up in my opinion. His Errants were immune to my spells and so were his warjacks. An awesome Breath of Corruption on my Gladiator which was surrounded by Errants killed them off.

Game 2: Rasheth vs eHaley, King of the Hill. 3 points to win, score points on the end of the 2nd turn if your warcaster/warlock is in 6 inches of the hill.

He ran:
eHaley
-Stormclad (bonded)
-Squire
Junior
-Hunter
B13
Stormblades + UA

I won dice off. I hate playing against eHaley and expected a first turn feat on his part, so I moved everything up. He popped his feat, did some decent damage to the BB. My army except Rasheth was in the feat (go figure, SP 4 no weapon for charging FTW!) so I ended up just moving shit up. Hid my Drake behind an obstruction (crucial player later). Moved some PGBH up. Sacced one for a Breath of Corruption on a clustered B13, hitting and killing them all. His turn saw the death of a Gladiator and Bronzeback, but I saw I had potential for a caster kill. The Squire was close to eHaley and Junior. My turn, I arced through a PGBH Blood Mark onto eHaley, feated, threw BoC onto the Squire catching them and two Stormblades, killing Junior (thus inerting the Hunter), said goodbye to the Squire and Storm Blades and did 8 points of damage to Haley. Drake followed up for the spray....and missed. The rest of the game was rather uneventful. Drakey died, and in the end I won on control points, even though I was left with only a Gladiator.

Game 3: Rasheth vs pGoreshade (James Russell)
pGoreshade
-Deathjack
Max Bane Thralls + UA
Tartarus
2x Sirens.

I'm not going to even go into this game. So many bad dice rolls. What began with the Drake just continued this game. I killed early the Sirens, but could not do much more. On dice rolls were it was dice minus four, I would roll double two's. If I needed sixes to hit, I would roll a five. Just bad dice, nothing else went terribly wrong. I lost, fair and square but man was it frustrating. Cryx was a terrible match up and in all cases I think eMorghoul would have been the better play. Too bad I didn't check the votes to see it was a tie (which meant dice off)!

Ah well. Placed third since there were three undefeated players in the finals based on points. There is the 35pt SR 2011 coming up and I need to finalize lists.

No comments: